ChargePoint Express Plus
The ChargePoint Express Plus was designed to meet requirements for ultra-fast DC charging today and well into the future with a unique platform architecture that grows with demand. Station owners can start small and expand to the highest charging capacity in the industry without any stranded investment by adding Power Modules, Stations and Power Blocks as demand increases.
Get Ready for the Next 10 Years in EV Charging
ChargePoint Express Plus is a family of ultra-fast DC charging products designed to meet the charging requirements of both current and next-generation electric vehicles (EVs), including electric cars, buses and trucks. The innovative design of ChargePoint Express Plus employs a modular, scalable architecture that allows station owners to purchase only what they need and scale up as demand grows, with no stranded investment along the way.
The ChargePoint Express Plus architecture consists of three modular building blocks, described below. They can be configured to meet the exact requirements at any site and scale incrementally as demand for charging increases.
Express Plus Stations
Dispense power to electric vehicles including electric cars, busses and trucks. Can support up to two flexible, lightweight cables compatible with all standard connector types. Each Express Plus Station can connect up to four Power Blocks to deliver up to 500 kW to a single vehicle. There’s a 254 mm (10 in) LCD touchscreen for driver interaction, 508 mm (20 in) wide-format LED display for notifications, area lighting, WiFi and Bluetooth connectivity and much more. Built-in cellular networking enables remote management via ChargePoint Cloud Services.
Self-contained AC to DC power conversion system that operates at an output of between 200 and 1,000 V and delivers up to 31.25 kW at a max current of 78 amps (A). Power Modules are sealed units, easily installed in Power Blocks in the field without any special tools or technical expertise.
House up to 5 Power Modules in an attractive form factor that services up to 2 Express Plus Stations in a fully integrated system. Power Blocks can be stacked 2 high and expanded to serve additional stations and/or supplement power to each station. Power Blocks have AC input, DC outputs, cooling, system controls and networking for remote diagnostics and management.
Innovative Features of Express Plus
- Speed: Express Plus is capable of delivering up to 500 kW to a single vehicle. The modular architecture scales as demand for power increases.
- Dynamic Power Sharing: Utility connections can be oversubscribed and power is intelligently allocated among vehicles based on each battery’s state of charge (SoC) and instantaneous maximum charge rate. Every car always charges as fast as possible to minimize driver wait times.
- Driver-Friendly Stations: Large format 20” LED display signals station status from a distance, 10” LCD touchscreen for driver interaction and display of car charging status, instructional videos and more. Area lighting improves safety at night. Swing arms make it easy to reach vehicle charging ports in any location and keep them off the ground.
- Cost-Effective Operations: Station owners can start small and expand to the highest charging capacity in the industry without any stranded investment by adding Power Modules, Stations and Power Blocks as demand increases. High-efficiency power conversion (> 95% efficiency) reduces electricity costs and wasted energy.
- Universal Compatibility: Any EV with fast charging capabilities can be accommodated with up to three different connector types, configurable per station.
- Serviceability: Modular components are field installable without any specialized tools or expertise.
- Low Maintenance Costs: Minimal moving parts and liquid cooling technology increase reliability and minimize ongoing field service for maintenance.
- High Availability: ChargePoint support monitors power modules and stations remotely 24/7. Intelligent diagnostics and machine learning techniques predictively prevent failures and ensure stations are always available for drivers.
- Liquid Cooled Cables: Proprietary liquid cooling technology makes charging cables incredibly flexible and lightweight, so they’re easy for drivers to handle.
The Network Effect
When you choose ChargePoint Express Plus you don’t just get the most advanced DC fast technology in the industry, you also get the world’s largest EV network and useful features that let you:
- Set specialized pricing policies and access controls
- Make your stations and their status visible to hundreds of thousands of EV drivers
- Generate usage and energy reports
- Get over-the-air updates to system software so the latest capabilities are always available
- Sit back and relax with industry leading service and support for your stations and your drivers
Call For Current Pricing
Installation consultation, network tokens, extended warranties and other accessories are available. Additional fees could apply.
|Dimensions||28 × 48 × 88 in|
Nissan, Chevrolet, BMW, Ford, Tesla, Other
Level 3 (480V)
1 to 5 Year Plans Available